Monday, March 12, 2007

Paper or Plastic?

I’ll admit that I had never really even thought about the fact that plastic bags are just put in landfills but never deteriorate. :( Yesterday I was in the grocery store and I was trying to find something else to put my fruit in besides plastic bags…but there wasn’t anything. I DID notice that the plastic bags there said something about recycling. All it said though was how plastic bags take up less space in land fills. :P What a silly thing to say.

(Picture taken from http://www.midamericanenergy.com/eew/help/act_bags_plastic.html)

2 comments:

Aaron Riedl said...

I don't know if it's different in Seattle or something, but we're able to recycle our plastic groceries in the weekly recycling! We just bundle them up and then they take them away to be recycled! That's good news, I guess! :-)

Mandipants said...

HEY!

WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN GIRL?!

I need an update - and a drink this week - if I don't hear from you soon then I'll track you down =)

xoxo