Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Mancala

Some ideas to foster good listening, go to a coffee shop! I've found with my younger sister she feels SO cool going to a coffee shop and just hanging out there with me. Coffee shops are good cuz there's usually some good music playing but it's quiet enough for conversation, it's a casual public atmosphere, and there's COFFEE!! :D
My sister and I like to go to a little coffee shop in downtown McMinnville that has a little corner nook with two chairs and a small table with games. We like to play Mancala, but we bring our own pieces. The game doesn't have enough stones, so we use random objects from our purses. smile It makes the game fun and special, it's also our tradition.
Back to the listening, as we play we talk about school, boys, family and other real life things that don't really get talked about on the day-to-day.

No comments: